Random Pictures from the Europe 2022 Trip

 I took a few hundred pictures during my month long trip which included Amsterdam, Hamburg, Copenhagen, Luneburg and Bremen.  The only link to my blogs is that they were taken during the trip.  I thought I'd post some of those random pictures.  Hope you enjoy them!

This is my organized system for train and plane tickets, hotels and the list of sights I wanted to see in each city I visited.  I worked on the scheduling for about three weeks.

Victoria has the Johnson Street bridge.  Haarlemer, Amsterdam has this raising bridge.  It lifts up from the side.



Silver metal railings were installed on the edge of driveways that run along the canal.  It is a way to help cars from driving too close to the end and ending up in the water.  It is a common occurrence in Amsterdam.

At the top of buildings you see a dormer with a hook.  It's used to move furniture, etc. out of house.  The hallway and stairs in these old homes are often too narrow to move furniture in or out of a house.


I saw lots of little cars like this.  Easy to get around and finding parking.

Window dressing


Automated recycle machine for bottles.  It reads the sku and tallies up how much you're owed.

The view at night from where I was staying.

A flower left at the Anne Frank museum.

Cute statue of a Dutch girl that people could kiss in Alkmaar.

Bicycles in Amsterdam:

I got a good pizza at this pizza place.  It was in the suburb I was staying in so I walked home with it.



 

Bike fished out of a canal.




Kids bikes for sale in a bike store in Hamburg.  One is for an ambulance.  The other is a fire truck.


Well loved bike.

Reminded me of when I owned a moped back in the 70's.

This bike had a square stand on the front wheel.  It was used to deliver flyers to businesses in Luneburg.

Mini garden on the steps of a row house in Bremen.

Amazing garden outside of a row house in Bremen.


One of my favourite stores in Germany.  Discount groceries.

A Citreon car in Bremen.  It's a neat car because it has a self-levelling suspension system.

Used the old key at the top of the picture to unlock or lock the door to my room in Bremen.

While waiting at the Hop on Hop Off bus stop in Copenhagen, I noticed two armed police officers standing at the entrance to this building.  They didn't stop anyone from going in.  I thought maybe they were there because a VIP was in the building.  That wasn't the case.  What I was looking at is the Ukrainian Embassy in Copenhagen.   They were there for security.


A memorial to the people in Ukraine.

I took a short cut to get back to my bus stop.  It wasn't but I found this. It's called the Starling Nest Box.  It opened in 1931.  It was once an annex of the Danish Royal Theatre and was the first home of the new Danish Broadcasting Corporation.


A mosaic passage way under the nesting box.  It is composed of 3 million pieces of glass from mosaic factories in Venice.  The world of the arts is represented by figures of Hans Christian Andersen, Carl Nielsen and others.

Anyone for a donair.  This donair store is found at the Hamburg train station.  It has been there for as long as I've been going to Hamburg - 15 years or so.  Always busy.  By the end of each day, no meat is left on the spit.

An open window at a school in Luneburg.  It was a cold morning.  Toughening up the kids?


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bremen - Market Day

Lies All Lies

NEMO - Not the Fish